Birth, death and marriage records
Bridgend Register Office holds a number of registers that record local births, deaths and marriages dating back to 1837.
You may need copies of a certificate for a number of reasons, such as:
- applying for a passport
- seeking a student loan
- attaching documents to a CV
- making an insurance claim
- proving probate
Other uses of office records include tracing family trees or researching local history. The Bridgend Register Office can help you with all of this and often receives enquiries from all over the world.
Ordering copies of certificates
We will need the following information:
- the name of the person, and in the case of a marriage, the name of their partner
- the date of the event
- the place of birth or death
- if a marriage, the name of the church or licensed venue it took place
Bridgend Register Office
Telephone: 01656 642391
Address: Civic Offices, Angel Street, Bridgend, CF31 4WB.
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4pm