Bridgend County Borough Council does not capture or store any personal information about individuals who browse this website, except where you voluntarily choose to give us your personal details via email, an online form, or My Account.
Where you choose to complete any of our online forms the personal information you give us is used, by Bridgend County Borough Council or a third party service provider who is contracted to us, to provide the service(s) you requested.
Bridgend County Borough Council will endeavour to safeguard your information and any disclosures of that information will be in accordance with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. Third party service providers contracted to the Council will be required to conform to the same standards.
You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Bridgend County Borough Council collects and stores only the following information that is automatically recognised: the date and time, the originating IP, the type of browser and operating system used, the URL of the referring page, the object requested, and the completion status of the request. Visitors to our website remain anonymous as none of the data collected is linked to any personal information. The information only allows us to diagnose problems with our server, and assess the popularity of the pages on the website, so that we can continually improve our site.
How long we keep personal information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is needed for the service you have requested, and remove it when that purpose has been met. In the case of an online information service, your personal information is stored until you no longer wish to continue to receive the service.
If you have registered for an account on our websites, you have the option of deleting your account at any time. This will permanently delete your information and you will not be able to recover data. Please note that some information may remain in our logs for a period of time after you delete your account.
Fair processing notice - My Account
My Account is an online service that gives you quick, convenient and reliable access to council services. You can log in, view and pay your council tax bill, apply for housing benefits, set up a direct debit and notify us of any changes to your circumstances.
Information that you give will be collected by Bridgend County Borough Council. Information may be shared with relevant departments within the council, and third party providers contacted by the council. Your personal information will only be used to provide the requested service.
You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Terms and conditions
- Use of this web site is for your own personal and non-commercial use. Materials may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal and non-commercial home use. Any other use requires the prior written permission of Bridgend County Borough Council.
- You agree to use the site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, defamatory or abusive or which may harass or cause distress, inconvenience, nuisance or menace to any person and the transmission of obscene, threatening or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
- This web site contains links to other sites, which may not be operated by the Council. Bridgend County Borough Council is not responsible for the content of these sites and does not accept any liability that may arise in respect of the use of such sites.
- Bridgend County Borough Council endeavours to ensure that all information and material on this web site is correct and accurate but does not accept any liability for errors or omissions, neither does the Council warrant that the use of the site will be uninterrupted. Bridgend County Borough Council provides the material published on its web site on the basis that it disclaims all warranties in respect of such material, whether expressed or implied. The Council, its employees, its suppliers and the original providers of the material accepts no liability for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss of business, revenues or profits or special damage arising from the publication of the material on this web site or from the use of this web site.
- You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights including copyright and database rights in the Bridgend County Borough Council web site and its contents belong to or have been licensed to the Council who are otherwise used by the Council as permitted by applicable law.
- Bridgend County Borough Council has the right to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted or posted on this site. The Council is not responsible for and does not accept any liability for any material posted on the site otherwise than by the Council. Any opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information expressed or made available by third parties on the Council's site are those of the third parties concerned. Bridgend County Borough Council neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or the liability of any such third party material.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising from these terms and conditions shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If you find anything on this website that gives you cause for concern then please email Bridgend County Borough Council at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are dissatisfied with any part of this web site or with any of these terms and conditions of use, please discontinue use of the site immediately.
If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then to the extent which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.