Blue badge applications, renewals, and replacements
5. How to use a Blue Badge
A Blue Badge is not a licence to park anywhere. If you park where it would cause an obstruction or danger to other road users, you could be fined or have your vehicle removed. In many locations, parking is prohibited under any circumstances. Consequently, you should check about local arrangements.
For further details please refer to the Welsh Government’s guide to Blue Badge holders’ rights and responsibilities. You would have received this document when you received your Blue Badge.
The misuse of Blue Badges
Blue Badges can be misused in several ways. The following lists include offenses of varying severity, and are not exhaustive.
A Blue Badge holder must not:
- use an out of date Blue Badge
- use a Blue Badge reported lost or stolen
- let a friend or relative use the Blue Badge
- use a copied Blue Badge
- alter a Blue Badge’s details such as the expiry date
- make a fraudulent application such as providing false information on the application form
- make multiple applications
- use a fraudulently obtained Blue Badge
A third party must not:
- use someone else’s Blue Badge without the badge holder being in the vehicle for the trip’s entire duration under any circumstances
- use a blue badge to pick up someone’s prescription/shopping and so on, without the badge holder being in the vehicle for the trip’s entire duration
- Use a Blue Badge belonging to someone who has passed away
- copy, alter or make Blue Badges
- use a lost or stolen Blue Badge
- use a fake Blue Badge
Deceased badge holders
If a badge holder passes away, please return the badge to us at the below address, as well as attaching a note outlining the reason for the return:
Disabled Parking Badge Scheme
Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
SMS: 07581 157014 (for D/deaf and hard of hearing customers).
Elsewhere on the web
Croesewir galwadau yn Gymraeg. Calls in Welsh are welcomed.