Accessibility links

Listen with Browsealoud
Language selection

Blue badge applications, renewals, and replacements

4. Apply, re-apply or replace

You or someone with power of attorney over you will need to agree to the declaration.



When you apply, you will need to provide:

  • a recent passport standard photograph
  • proof of address
  • proof of benefits if you get any
  • proof of identity
  • supporting evidence of eligibility
  • the details of any current Blue Badge
  • your National Insurance number, if possible

In addition, you will have to provide evidence detailing your circumstances. The evidence can be submitted online when completing your application, or it can be sent via email. 

Your renewal will be classed as either automatic, discretionary or cognitive. Temporary applicants who need to reapply would be given a discretionary application.

Submit the below items.

  1. A current, qualifying benefit letter dated within the last 12 months. This can be a full PIP entitlement letter with the points section, or a DLA high rate mobility letter.
  2. Proof of address
  3. Proof of ID.

Submit the below items.

  1. Proof of address.
  2. Proof of ID.
  3. Any evidence that supports the application such as proof of supporting services, or a consultant’s letter.

Evidence needed for cognitive renewals:

  1. Proof of the cognitive impairment and the higher rate of care component disability living allowance, which is dated within the last 12 months.
  2. Proof of address.
  3. Proof of ID.
  4. Any evidence that supports the application such as a care plan.
  1. A supporting letter from your health care professional such as a consultant or specialist, which details your current condition and its likely duration.
  2. Proof of address.
  3. Proof of ID.

Not all renewals will be successful. If you need more information about your individual circumstances, please contact us.


Replace a lost or stolen badge

If your badge is lost or stolen, please email or call to reapply. If your badge has been stolen, you will need to tell us the crime reference number obtained from the police when you reported the theft. If granted, you may incur a fee of £10 for a replacement.

You may also need to provide other documents if the details of your disability have changed.


When to renew

We do not send out reminders, as the badge’s front clearly shows the expiry date. Applicants can renew up to six weeks before the end.


Return expired badges

You must return your expired badge. Failure to do so may result in your badge being withdrawn. Please return badges to:

Disabled Parking Badge Scheme

Bridgend County Borough Council
Telephone: 01656 643643
Text relay: Put 18002 before any of our phone numbers.
Address: Customer Service Centre, Civic Offices, Angel Street, Bridgend, CF31 4WB.
Opening hours:
Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5pm
Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm

You can also watch this video to learn more about SignVideo BSL Live.


Rejected applications

There is no statutory appeals process against being turned down. Generally, we follow the Welsh Government’s guidance, but they cannot intervene in individual cases.

To challenge a decision on your eligibility, you must provide new information or evidence. It must not have been with your original application, and you should send it to us within one calendar month of your application. We will review the decision in light of the new information you provide. However we will not review the decision about your eligibility if you do not provide new information or evidence.

A to Z Search