Council tax information
Support is available for Bridgend County Borough residents who are facing difficulty paying their council tax as a direct result of the coronavirus.
Residents will have the possibility of deferring their council tax payments over the next couple of months to later in the financial year. The relevant My Account form for this is 'application form for changes to your council tax account'.
Local authorities set council tax to meet their budget requirements. There is both a property and personal element.
The property component is based on the valuation band given to it by the Valuation Office Agency. The personal element takes into account the number of people living in the property and is based on the fact that there are at least two people resident.
The income raised through the collection of council tax is around 18 per cent of the council’s total income and goes towards providing services in Bridgend County Borough. The remaining 82 per cent is received from government grants.
The council collects the council tax charge assessed on each property which consists of three elements: the Bridgend County Borough Council charge, the Community Council charge and the Police and Crime Commissioner for South Wales charge.
Save time and do it online
Our My Account service is the fastest way to pay council tax. It’s also the easiest for managing your council tax account with one place for direct debits, digital forms for discounts and exemptions, or updating details. You can get your bills faster online too. So cut through the phone queues, and sort out your tax in minutes.
Landlords’ council tax enquiries