Coronavirus (Covid-19) latest information and advice
You can find all the latest public information on the outbreak of coronavirus along with information about the virus and its symptoms on the following websites:
- Welsh Government
- Public Health Wales
- Public Health Wales easy read daily summary update
- Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health board
- UK Government
The council and its partners are continuing to follow official advice issued by UK and Welsh Government and organisations such as Public Health Wales.
The local authority has initiated a coronavirus planning and co-ordination group and is currently developing the strategy that the local authority will adopt in the event of a range of different scenarios.
In the meantime, simple ways of guarding against infection include:
- Washing your hands often for at least 20 seconds using soap and water.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser containing at least 60 per cent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Covering any coughing or sneezing with a tissue.
- Do not keep a used tissue - dispose of it in a general waste bin.
Cleaning and disinfecting frequently-touched objects and surfaces.