Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest information and advice
You can find all the latest public information on the outbreak of coronavirus along with information about the virus and its symptoms on the following websites:
- UK Government
- Welsh Government
- Public Health Wales
- Public Health Wales easy read daily summary update
- Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health board
- UK government's WhatsApp service
- EU Settlement Scheme in the pandemic
The council and its partners are continuing to follow official advice issued by UK and Welsh Government and organisations such as Public Health Wales.
The local authority has initiated a coronavirus planning and co-ordination group and is currently developing the strategy that the local authority will adopt in the event of a range of different scenarios.
In the meantime, simple ways of guarding against infection include:
- Washing your hands often for at least 20 seconds using soap and water.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser containing at least 60 per cent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Covering any coughing or sneezing with a tissue.
- Do not keep a used tissue - dispose of it in a general waste bin.
Cleaning and disinfecting frequently-touched objects and surfaces.