Registering a council tax account
1. Before you can register a council tax account, you must log in. Once you have logged in, click on ‘Services’ and select 'Council tax and Benefits’ from the list and then ‘Council tax account’. This will take you to the council tax portal.
2. You can register your council tax by clicking ‘Register to use additional council tax services’ or by clicking ‘tell us who you are’.
3. Select ‘Person’ and then enter your Council Tax Account number. This will be an eight digit number beginning with a two or three. You can find this information on your bill.
When you click person it will ask you for your first and last name. These must match the name on the bill. Then click ‘Next’.
4. Answer two of the security questions. Then click ‘Next’
5. Check your email address is correct.
If you want to sign up for e-billing you can here.
Read and sign the terms and conditions and click ‘Agree’.
Then click ‘Submit’.
6. Your Council Tax Account details will display. You will able to see your bills, set up / amend Direct Debits and make payments from the options available.
If you want to return to My Account click ‘Return to LA Portal’.
Difficulty using My Account due to accessibility issues
If you have any difficulties using My Account due to an accessibility issue, please contact