Accessibility links

Listen with Browsealoud
Language selection

Anti-social behaviour

If you are experiencing problems with anti-social behaviour, please call 101 or email

In an emergency, call 999.

If it is a council matter like fly tipping, you should contact the council.

If it is a public protection issue, for example noise pollution, please contact the Shared Regulatory Services.


What is anti-social behaviour?

The Crime and Disorder Act 1998 defines anti-social behaviour as acting in a manner that causes or is likely to cause ‘harassment, alarm or distress to one or more persons, not of the same households’.

Examples of anti-social behaviour include:

  • nuisance, rowdy or inconsiderate neighbours
  • vandalism, graffiti and fly-posting
  • street drinking or alcohol related disorder
  • abusive behaviour
  • environmental damage including littering, fly-tipping and abandoning cars
  • inconsiderate or inappropriate use of vehicles
  • prostitution related activity
  • begging and vagrancy
  • fireworks misuse

Along with our community safety partner agencies, we have a responsibility to deal with anti-social behaviour and to help people who are suffering from it.

The community safety partnership co-ordinates a multi-agency response to reports of anti-social behaviour. We do not take referrals from the public, who should report incidents of anti-social behaviour to one of our partner organisations such as the police.

We receive reports of anti-social behaviour from partner agencies including schools, the police, the health service and housing associations.


South Wales Community Trigger/ASB Case review  

The South Wales Community Trigger/ASB Case review gives victims of anti-social behaviour the right to have their case reviewed.

A person who has experienced and reported three incidents of anti-social behaviour in six months or one incident or crime motivated by hate (hate incident/crime) reported by one person can start a review of their case.

Please note: ASB Case Review is not a complaints process, if you want to make a complaint about an individual’s conduct or an organisation, you must use the complaints procedure of that specific organisation.

You can find more information on community triggers on the police commissioner’s website.

You can contact your community trigger co-ordinator for Bridgend county borough using the following information.


Community Safety Partnership
Telephone: 01656 306051

A to Z Search