Licence complaints and contact details
The Licensing and Registration Section processes licenses and consents. Our work includes the granting, renewal and transfer of licences, as well as registration and consents for:
- animal boarding establishment licences
- club premises certificates
- dangerous wild animals
- gambling licences, permits and registrations
- house to house collection
- hypnotism authorisations
- performing animals registrations
- personal licences
- pet shop licences
- premises approvals for marriage or civil ceremonies
- premises licences
- riding establishment licences
- scrap metal dealer registration
- sexual entertainment
- street collection
- street trader licences
- tattoo, piercing, electrolysis and acupuncture licences
- taxi driver and vehicle licences
- temporary event notices
- zoo licences
For any help applying, please make an appointment by contacting using the details below.
Many applications can be made by post or online. Also, we accept applications by fax, and if a fee is payable, we can take card payments by phone. See individual pages for information on specific licenses.
Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Complaints about licensees or premises
As public safety is our aim, we take all complaints very seriously.
Complaints about taxis
Complain about a taxi service with these steps:
- Note either the driver’s badge number, or the number on the vehicle’s passenger doors. The number is also on a rear license plate.
- If possible, note the vehicle’s registration number.
- Record the journey’s time and date.
- Note the taxi’s company.
- Note the location.
- Remember as much detail as you can about the vehicle’s type, colour and distinguishing features.
- Report the incident to us using the details on this page.
Other complaints about licensees or premises
Complain about other licensees or premises by reporting to us:
- the premises’ details
- the incident’s nature
- the incident’s date and time
- notes of who else you have reported the incident to, if anyone