Accessibility links

Listen with Browsealoud
Language selection

Dangerous wild animal licence

Criteria for dangerous wild animals

You need a license to keep some animals considered to be wild, dangerous or exotic, such as:

  • certain pigs including wild boars
  • marsupials
  • primates
  • wild cats
  • wild dogs including wolves

See the full list of animals you need a licence for.

Hybrid or cross-bred animals may need a license too. The situation depends on how far removed the animal is from its wild ancestor.

Advice on your application

Contact Shared Regulatory Services for informal advice before applying. Add your contact details to their contact form, and specify that you want advice on animal welfare and dangerous wild animal licensing.

Send completed applications to:

Contact us

Telephone: 01656 643643
Address: Civic Offices, Angel Street, Bridgend, CF31 4WB.

A to Z Search