A councillor’s seat may become vacant due to:
- the decision of an election court
- failure to take up office
Below is a list of any ‘current notice of vacancy’. It will include details of how to request a by-election for either a Bridgend County Borough Council seat or town and community council seat.
- Notice of vacancy: Llangynwyd Middle Community Council, Cwmfelin Ward
- Notice of vacancy: St Brides Minor Community Council, Bryncethin Ward
- Notice of vacancy: Pencoed Town Council, Penprysg Ward
- Notice of vacancy: Newcastle Higher, Penyfai Ward
- Notice of vacancy: Newcastle Higher, Aberkenfig Ward
See the electoral commission’s guide for more about requesting by-elections.