The Mayor’s Citizenship Awards
The Mayor's Citizenship Awards are the most prestigious annual community awards celebrating exceptional citizens within Bridgend County Borough. Awards are open to all citizens who live or work in the county borough. Nominations must fit the criteria set out in any of the three categories:
An exceptional individual who has made a big contribution to their community, either through volunteering, charity fundraising, committing an act of bravery, an outstanding achievement, or by helping to put their community on the map in a positive way.
A group (two people or more) who have made a big contribution to their community, either through collective volunteering, charity fundraising, committing an act of bravery, an outstanding achievement, or by helping to put their community on the map in a positive way.
A local business that has made an impact by either working with a community to improve its surroundings or by sponsoring a community facility, team or organisation. Alternatively, the business may have undertaken some outstanding charity fundraising work.
Nominees have to live, work, or be sited locally, and have shown the kind of values that make Bridgend great. They might have:
- raised an outstanding amount for charity
- performed an act of great bravery
- regularly gone the extra mile for others
- put the local area on the map
- achieved something really special over the past 18 months
- Nominees are only eligible for one award each year.
- Past winners can only be nominated for new achievements.
- These awards are open to all citizens. However, people nominated for paid work must have carried out exceptional work beyond their post’s expectations.
Please note that all awards are of equal value.
Award winners 2022
Charlie and Harris Griffiths
Tremains Woodland Rangers
Lads & Dads
Mrs Nik Dart
Olio Food Waste Heros
SPLICE Child & Family Project
Caerau Social Centre
Fr Jonathan Durley
Those Damn Crows
Mr & Mrs Marsh