Grass cutting policy 2020
'Green Spaces' are responsible for cutting grass owned by Bridgend County Borough Council. Other organisations like community councils and housing associations also cut public grass areas within the county borough.
Green Spaces cut grass on:
- central reservations
- highway verges
- parks and playing fields
- playgrounds, but please note that not all playgrounds in the county borough are owned by us
- public open spaces
They do not cut grass that is:
- on properties or estates owned by bodies other than us like community councils or housing associations
- privately owned
How often Green Spaces cut grass
We start cutting grass in April and continue until October.
Urban grass is in public open spaces and highway verges. This year it will be cut five times between April and September. Urban grass cutting this year is scheduled to start 6 April 2020. Strimming will not take place this season.
Rural grass is grass located on the sides of main roads and central reservations. It is cut four times a year. In 2020, cutting should occur with the:
- first cut starting 11 May 2020
- second cut starting June 2020
- third cut starting 3 August 2020
- fourth cut starting 14 September 2020
Rural lanes are cut twice a year. The first cut starts in May and the second takes place at the end of August.
Parks and playing fields
Parks and playing fields are generally cut every 10 working days throughout the season.
All grass cutting schedules may change due to weather and ground conditions.