Accessibility links

Listen with Browsealoud
Language selection

Bulky waste

Before booking in your items for collection, think about whether they can be reused. Your unwanted item may be useful to someone else. There are reuse organisations who will accept unwanted items and some may pick up from your address.

These shops may collect your unwanted items:

How to book your collection

You can book your bulky waste collection online. Enter your postcode then select ‘bulky waste collection request’. Your bulky waste will be picked up on the same day as your next recycling collection, unless your next recycling day is tomorrow. If this is the case, it will be collected one week from tomorrow. If your recycling collection is tomorrow and your request has been processed after 12 noon then your collection will not be until the following week.

Collection charges

The service costs £20.32 for up to three items. Additional items can be collected for £5.28 each, up to a maximum of 15 items. There is no limit on how many times you can book a bulky waste collection.

Trade waste

The bulky waste collection service is not available for businesses or landlords as this is trade waste.

We collect

We collect a wide range of household waste, including:

  • sofas
  • chairs
  • tables
  • carpets and underlays
  • wooden fireplaces
  • gas or electric fires
  • doors
  • beds, mattresses, headboards and tailboards
  • televisions
  • washing machines and tumble dryers
  • fridges and freezers
  • cookers, microwaves, ovens and hobs
  • dishwashers
  • extractor fans
  • lawnmowers
  • garden benches and chairs
  • rotary washing lines
  • PCs, including monitors, laptops and keyboards
  • other small electrical items

We will need to assess the following items:

  • kitchen units
  • worktops
  • loose wood
  • small amounts of loose waste, where there will be a minimum charge of £25

We don't collect

We don't collect:

  • bathroom suites including tiles
  • combi boilers
  • radiators
  • drainpipes
  • fencing
  • fish tanks
  • garage doors
  • gates
  • laminated flooring
  • rubble or hardcore
  • fluorescent lighting tubes
  • green waste
  • garden sheds

If you have any of these items, you can take them to one of our community recycling centres. If you need to use a van or a trailer to transport the waste you will need to book a tipping permit.

If you are unable to transport these items to the household recycling site yourself, you will need to hire a skip or a private waste contractor.

A to Z Search