The service costs £21.42 for up to three items. Additional items can be collected for £5.57 each, up to a maximum of 15 items. There is no limit on how many times you can book a bulky waste collection.
Book a collection
To book a collection, please visit the Kier website, enter your postcode then select ‘bulky waste collection request’.
Your bulky waste will be picked up on the same day as your next recycling collection, unless your next recycling day is tomorrow. If this is the case, it will be collected one week from tomorrow.
If your recycling collection is tomorrow and your request has been processed after 12 noon then your collection will not be until the following week.
Please note: The bulky waste collection service is not available for businesses or landlords as this is trade waste.
- sofas, chairs and tables
- carpets and underlays
- wooden fireplaces
- gas or electric fires
- beds, mattresses, headboards and tailboards
- washing machines, tumble dryers, fridges, freezers and dishwashers
- cookers, microwaves, ovens, hobs and extractor fans
- garden benches and chairs
- rotary washing lines
- televisions, PCs, including monitors, laptops and keyboards
- other small electrical items
We will need to assess the following items:
- kitchen units and worktops
- loose wood
- small amounts of loose waste, where there will be a minimum charge of £25
We don't collect:
- bathroom suites or tiles
- combi boilers
- fish tanks
- garage doors
- laminated flooring
- rubble or hardcore
- fluorescent lighting tubes
- green waste
- garden sheds
If you have any of these items, you can take them to one of our community recycling centres. If you need to use a van or a trailer to transport the waste you will need to book a tipping permit.
If you are unable to transport these items to the household recycling site yourself, you will need to hire a skip or a private waste contractor.