Inspire for Life Awards 2020
The Inspire for Life Awards 2020 are looking for residents in Bridgend County Borough who have contributed to the improvement of health and wellbeing of others or the community.
If you know someone or an organisation who deserves an award, there are five up for grabs. Please read the criteria for each category here:
This award will celebrate outstanding achievements that have had a significant impact on the health and wellbeing of people in Bridgend County Borough. It is open to individuals, groups, partnerships, projects or businesses that have made a difference to health and wellbeing in Bridgend County Borough.
- what outstanding achievement your nominee accomplished between 1 April 2018 and 31 October 2019
- how this achievement has made a difference in the community and exceeded expectations
- the impact this has had on the health and wellbeing of Bridgend County Borough
- information of particular interest that will make your nomination stand out
This award will be presented to the nominee that has shown considerable effort to improve lives and communities in Bridgend County Borough. Nominees will have addressed wellbeing issues identified through listening to what is being said by local residents.
The award is open to individuals, groups, partnerships, projects and businesses in Bridgend County Borough.
- what outstanding achievement your nominee accomplished between 1 April 2018- 31 October 2019
- how this achievement went above and beyond expectations
- how this achievement has improved lives and communities
- what lessons have been learnt over the past 12 months
This award will recognise a young person that has shown strong leadership, and commitment in contributing to others’ wellbeing and improvement. Nominees must be aged 24 or below, and have volunteered their time to improve wellbeing in Bridgend County Borough.
- the contribution your nominee has made in order to improve wellbeing
- whose future your nominee helped to make brighter, and how
- how your nominee has inspired others and the long term benefits of their contribution
This award will congratulate an individual that has gone the extra mile, standing out as a major influence in improving wellbeing. Aged 25 or above, nominees will have earned the respect of others with the power of their achievements.
- the contributions your nominee has made and their benefits to people and communities
- who they have inspired and how they achieve this
- their achievements over the past 12 months
- what impacts have they had on health and wellbeing in Bridgend County Borough
This award will be presented to a nominee that has demonstrated an ability to make a difference by doing things differently. Individuals, groups, partnerships, projects and businesses are eligible for this award, and their resourcefulness and creativity will have had a clear impact on improving wellbeing.
- how your nominee has successfully demonstrated innovative thinking and actions
- what they have achieved and how others could learn from them to improve wellbeing
- who has benefited from the nominee’s contribution, and in what ways
If you think your nominee matches the criteria, you can download the application form.
Applications for the awards close at 5pm on 15 January 2020. Please send completed forms to: