Accessibility links

Listen with Browsealoud
Language selection

The documents needed to claim benefits

If you pay rent we need proof of your tenancy. One or more of the following are acceptable as proof of tenancy:

  • your tenancy agreement
  • a letter from your landlord
  • your rent book
  • a letter from your landlord’s agent
  • a proof of rent form

All evidence provided must contain all of the following information:

  • your landlord’s name and address
  • the managing agent’s name and address, if you have one
  • the date your agreement started
  • the amount of rent payable
  • what services are included in your rent, if any
  • the payment period whether monthly, weekly or calendar monthly

A to Z Search