Changes to bus timetables in Bridgend County Borough
Posted on: Wednesday 08 January 2020
Changes to public transport in Bridgend County Borough have begun this week as First Cymru introduced a revised bus timetable on Sunday 5 January 2020.
Timetable changes starting on Sunday 5 January will affect the following services:
62 Bridgend to Pencoed:
• The 1500 journey from Bridgend Bus Station will not operate via Channel View due to inconsiderate parking issues.
63 Bridgend to Porthcawl
• The 0605 departure from North Cornelly and the 0635 departure from Porthcawl will depart 5 minutes earlier with additional running time added where necessary.
64 Bridgend to Talbot Green:
• The 1435 journey from Talbot Green will not operate via Channel View due to inconsiderate parking issues.
70 and 71 Bridgend to Cymmer:
• There will be intermediate changes to the timings of Monday to Saturday journeys between Caerau Square and Cymmer. The Sunday timetable will remain unchanged.
X1 Swansea to Bridgend
• A The 0715 departure from Swansea will operate 10 minutes earlier, departing at 0705 with additional running time added into the timetable where necessary.
X2 Porthcawl to Cardiff (via Bridgend):
• The afternoon departure from Porthcawl Comprehensive School will depart 30 minutes earlier, at 1510 to better suit the school’s new finishing time. The Saturday and Sunday timetables will remain unchanged.
Bus times are not determined by Bridgend County Borough Council and the authority has no influence on timetable decisions. The recent changes to the bus timetable in Bridgend County Borough are being implemented as a result of a commercial decision by First Cymru. Therefore, if residents require more details about route changes, they need to contact First Cymru or visit the First Cymru website.Councillor Richard Young, Cabinet Member for Communities at Bridgend County Borough Council
Councillor Young would also like to remind residents that a two month grace period has been put in place by Transport for Wales for the renewal of concessionary bus passes. During this time drivers will accept old and new-style cards for travel, however, this period is only temporary and those eligible for free travel will need to reapply by Friday 31 January 2020.
Residents can apply online for a new-style travel card on the Transport for Wales website, however, if for any reason residents are unable to complete the application form online, paper copies are available at the Civic Offices, Angel Street, Bridgend, CF31 4WB.