Accessibility links

Listen with Browsealoud
Language selection

EU Settlement Scheme video transcript

If you’re an EU Citizen living in Bridgend County Borough, we want you to be able to continue to live, work and access services here even after Brexit. To do this, you will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

What is the EU Settlement Scheme? This is an application that you should complete before the UK officially leaves the EU. If successful, you will be granted ‘Settled’ or ‘Pre-Settled’ status depending on how long you have lived here. Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme online.

Who should apply? Unless you have the immigration status of ‘Indefinite Leave to Remain’ or you are an Irish or British Citizen, you will need to apply. This includes children who were born in Wales, but who do not have British Citizenship.

A British passport should confirm this. You can also check if you or your child has British Citizenship.

If you need to apply, each family member must complete an application. This includes children and anyone under the age of 21.

You can link your child’s application with your own by using a unique reference number. You’ll be given this after you have completed your own application.

If you need to apply, you won’t be notified by the Home Office, UK / Welsh Government or the local council. You have to check this yourself.

Unsure if you or a family member needs to apply? Don’t worry - you can still get free advice and support even during lockdown. Find organisations that can help you throughout the process.

Find guidance in different languages.

We want Bridgend County Borough to continue to be the place that you call home. Don’t wait, apply to the EU Settlement Scheme now!

A to Z Search