Children's weekly food parcels
All school free school meal pupils will be in receipt of delivery of a food parcel for the half term holiday. Due to the bank holiday on Monday 31 May please note change of delivery days, with all deliveries taking place one day later.
Anyone who has previously opted out of the provision will not receive a food parcel unless they email FSMCOVID19@bridgend.gov.uk to reinstate provision.
Food parcels will be delivered in the following areas on the following days:
Food parcel deliveries
Tuesday 1 June
Caerau, Cwmfelin, Garth, Llangynwyd, Maesteg, Nantyffyllon and any out of county areas.
Wednesday 2 June
Nantymoel, Ogmore Vale, Pantyrawel, Pricetown, Lewistown, Blackmill.
Evanstown , Gilfach Goch, Blaengarw, Pontycymer, Llangeinor, Braich-Y-Cymer, Pantygog and Pontyrhyl.
Pyle, Kenfig Hill, Cefn Cribwr, North Cornelly and South Cornelly.
Thursday 3 June
Nottage, Newton, Porthcawl.
Aberkenfig, Bettws, Coytrahen, Brynmenyn, Tondu, Sarn, Bryncethin, Bryncoch and Ynysawdre
Friday 4 June
Pencoed, Penprysg, Coychurch, Heol Y Cyw and Rhiwceilog
Coity, Litchard, Penyfai, Cefn Glas, Broadlands, Bryntirion, Brackla, Trelales, Wildmill, Bridgend town.
If you live in Bridgend County Borough and receive any of the following benefits, you can claim free school meals for your school-aged child:
- income support
- income based jobseeker's allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- income-related employment and support allowance
- child tax credit (but not working tax credit) if your annual income as assessed by tax credits does not exceed £16,190
- guaranteed element of pension credit
- working tax credit 'run-on' (the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for working tax credit)
- universal credit (not in work)
- universal credit (in work) where your award is based on net annual earnings of under £7,400 from your employment or self-employment
If your circumstances have changed due to Covid-19 you can submit an application for free school meals online. You can do so via the usual process for applying for free school meals. The correct form is ‘Application for free school meals/distinctive school uniform’ in the ‘Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction’ area of My Account.