We actively support and encourage work placements across all directorates and departments for applicants of all ages and abilities. We welcome enquiries from third sector organisations, schools, colleges, universities, Job Centre Plus and individuals.
There is an agreed process for securing work experience. Please do not approach services directly.
The application process
- Send an email to email@example.com. Tell us:
- your full name
- your school, college, university or organisational information
- the intended duration for the placement with start and finish dates
- your preferred location including the directorate and department if known
- a brief description of the type of work you are interested in
- desired objectives for the placement
- Human Resources will contact the right departmental manager to ask whether the request is possible. While departments are encouraged to accept placements, work demands may mean this is not possible.
- Where a department agrees to a placement, they must make a risk assessment before the placement starts and an induction on the first day. It might be necessary for someone from the department to speak to you first to understand your interests and assess your suitability.
- In circumstances where the placement cannot be accommodated, we will tell you as soon as possible.