We are committed to treating Welsh and English on an equal basis when carrying out our public business. Additionally, we are dedicated to helping to raise the profile of the language and culture to residents and employees.
The Welsh Language Standards
Our compliance document which was issued by the Welsh Language Commissioner in 2015 details the 171 standards that we are required to comply with.
By 30 March 2016, we had to comply with 144 standards, and a remaining 27 standards by 30 September 2016. The standards cover five themes:
- service provision
- policy making
- record keeping
We will publish our Welsh language assessment forms for our public education courses annually.
Welsh language annual reports
Our annual reports cover our compliance with the Welsh Language Standards:
Hard copies of these reports are also available at our Customer Contact Centre.
Five year strategy
Our five year strategy describes how we will aim to raise the profile of the Welsh language and culture with our residents and our employees. Read our strategy online or in hard copy at the Customer Contact Centre.
Welsh language complaints
We have updated our corporate complaints policy to note how we deal with Welsh language complaints. View our full complaints policy here.
Consultation, Engagement and Equalities
- Our five year strategy - DOCX 68Kb
- Welsh Language Standards Compliance Document - DOCX 69Kb
- Bridgend County Borough Council Compliance Notice - PDF 384Kb
- Welsh Language Standards Annual Report 2017 to 2018 - DOCX 127Kb
- Welsh Language Standards Annual Report 2015 to 16 - DOCX 64Kb
- Welsh Language Standards Annual Report 2016 to 17 - DOCX 128Kb