Supported Bus Service Consultation 2018 to 2019
This consultation is now closed.
View the Cabinet report, including the consultation report and how we have responded.
This consultation follows a proposal to justify supported bus services across the county borough, in order to meet a proposed budget reduction of £188,000 in 2018/19, as part of the Council's Medium Term Financial Strategy.
Bridgend County Borough Council and Welsh Government support some regional and local bus services by subsidising routes that are not commercially viable. These services operate on routes to enable residents who live along them to access employment, education, health care and social activities.
As a result, a Cabinet report was submitted on 03 October 2017, which identified the bus services for rationalisation, using a methodology adopted from a neighbouring authority and took into account the following criteria:
- The number of users per journey.
- The subsidy per passenger.
- The unavailability of alternative services.
- The likelihood of related commercial bus service withdrawels.
- The loss of journeys for shift workers.
- The loss of journeys for healthcare and hospital visiting.
- The loss of journeys for education and training.
How to respond
This consultation period will begin on the 29 January and close on the 26 March 2018.
- Online: Click here
- Paper copy: Click here
- Tel: 01656 643664
- Email: email@example.com.
- Post: Supported Bus Service Consultation 2017-18 Bridgend County Borough Council, Civic Offices, Angel Street, Bridgend, CF31 4WB.
Alternative formats are also available upon request.
Don’t forget you can still have your say on improving council services by clicking here to join our Citizens’ Panel.