The Mayor’s Citizenship Awards
Who can be nominated
Nominees can be individuals, groups or businesses. They just have to live, work, or be sited locally, and have shown the kind of values that make Bridgend great. They might have:
- raised an outstanding amount for charity
- performed an act of great bravery
- regularly gone the extra mile for others
- put the local area on the map
- achieved something really special in 2019
Criteria for the awards
- Nominees are only eligible for one award each year.
- Past winners can only be nominated for new achievements.
- These awards are open to all citizens. However, people nominated for paid work must have carried out exceptional work beyond their post’s expectations.
Please note that all awards are of equal value.
Friday 24 January 2020 was the nominations deadline.
The awards event
The Mayor will honour winners at an event hosted at the Civic Offices in Bridgend, in March 2020.