Driver licence applications in the pandemic
Currently, only renewals are being processed. For more information and the process of renewing during the pandemic, please download the above information sheet.
General advice for taxi and hire drivers in the pandemic
We recommend making renewal applications at least six to eight weeks before the expiry date.
The materials below aren’t an exhaustive list to study for the knowledge test. Please visit your local library or search the internet for more reference materials such as:
- the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976
- Town Police Clauses Act 1847
- Equality Act 2010
- answer route answers
- Child Sexual Exploitation: Information for Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Drivers
- driver conditions
- equality duties
- hackney carriage conditions
- knowledge test guidance
- private hire vehicle conditions
- taxi fare tariff
- taxi knowledge test route questions
- RNIB top tips
- The Smoke-Free Premises Regulations 2007
Renew your taxi driver licence
Send completed forms to the details below.