Tattoo, piercing, electrolysis and acupuncture
By law, you must register these activities with us:
- ear piercing
The law requires registration for the practitioner and the premises.
Bylaws to adhere to
The bylaws cover:
- cleanliness of the premises and fittings
- people’s cleanliness
- the cleaning and sterilisation of instruments, materials and equipment
A copy of the registration certificate and the relevant bylaws must be displayed at the premises. View the relevant bylaws below:
Fees to register
Fees are payable on initially registering your business and premises.
Codes of practice
Find the codes of practice through these links:
- code of practice for hygienic tattooing
- body piercing guidelines
- code of practice for electrolysis and treatment of spider veins
- conditions for operating as an acupuncturist
Contact public protection
For more information, please contact public protection.