Bridgend Kick-Start Grant
This is a flexible grant scheme delivered through a partnership with UK Steel Enterprise and Bridgend County Borough Council. It provides financial assistance to new or existing micro-businesses that are located, or are planning to locate, in Bridgend County Borough. A micro-business is one which has fewer than ten employees and a turnover or balance sheet total of less than €2 million.
Who can apply?
New start-ups and businesses within the first three years of trading may be considered. The business must be located within Bridgend County Borough. We may seek reimbursement if the business moves away from the area within one year of being awarded funds.
Who cannot apply?
Those who are not eligible to apply are:
- organisations or groups not undertaking trading activities
- political or religious groups
- clubs and societies
- voluntary organisations
- those in receipt of funds above state aid thresholds
What can be funded and how much can you apply for?
Eligible costs could include:
- capital equipment
- computer equipment
- development of websites
- marketing (one off costs, not recurring payments)
- building works to business premises
The Kick Start Grant is a discretionary grant and can provide up to 50% of eligible projects costs. The minimum grant is £250 and the maximum grant available is £4,000.
What we cannot fund
There are certain costs the scheme cannot fund, such as:
- VAT or any other taxes
- legal costs/works being carried out as a statutory requirement
- refinancing of bad debts of any kind
- training costs
- any costs incurred prior to formal approval
How to apply
For an application pack please contact: