Bridgend County Borough Council,Civic Offices, Angel Street, Bridgend, CF31 4WB

Tel: 01656 643643
Text Relay:
18001 01656 643643
Fax: 01656 668126
Sign Video BSL Live

Opening times
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm

How to find us

School bus passes

Is my child eligible for free school transport?

In most cases, a child's eligibility for free school transport is based upon how far away they live from the nearest suitable school. More information about the school transport policy can be found in the council's starting school guide.

When will my child receive their bus pass?

Before the start of the school year you will receive a bus pass application form. Once you have completed and returned the form with an attached an approved passport sized photograph, you will receive the bus pass before the start of the school year. 

Will my child be able to use transport if I don’t receive a pass?

Yes - providing your child is eligible for free school transport. Bus operators are instructed to let eligible children without passes to travel in to school, they can then obtain a temporary pass from the school reception whilst a pass is produced. 

In the event of your child not receiving a pass by the end of August, you can either email or contact the Home to School Transport Section directly on 01656 642654.

Can the bus pass be used on another school bus route?

No – the bus pass can only be used for the route number indicated on the pass.

What happens if my child’s pass is lost, damaged or stolen?

A replacement bus pass can be ordered by contacting the Home to School Transport Section directly on 01656 642654 or emailing Please note that there is a £5 charge for any passes that need to be re-issued due to loss or damage.

Can my child use school transport if their pass is lost, damaged or stolen?

Yes – all drivers are instructed to allow the pupil to travel without their pass on the first morning. On arrival at school the pupil is required to inform the school reception of the loss or damage and obtain a temporary pass.

What if my child’s pass has expired?

A replacement bus pass can be ordered by contacting the Home to School Transport Section directly on 01656 642654, or by emailing

Can my child’s friend travel on the school bus with them even though they are not eligible?

No – only eligible pupils with an appropriate bus pass are entitled to travel.

Last Updated: 09/01/2018
Level A conformance icon, W3C-WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS! Link to - public services all in one place National Assembly for Wales Browsealoud