Garden waste collection service
Recycling your garden waste
The council offers its residents a seasonal recycling collection service for your garden waste for an annual one off subscription charge. For your subscription you will receive 2 garden sacks for collecting and storing your waste, additional sacks can be purchased for a small charge. Collections run on a fortnightly basis between the period of April and October on the same day that your black bags are collected.
Plants, flowers and weeds
Grass and leaves
Soil, rubble or logs
Invasive species such as Japanese Knotweed
For more information please contact (01656) 643643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember you can always recycle your garden waste free of charge at your nearest Household Recycling Centre along with a lot of other materials.
Good news! Your garden waste collections are here again for 2017
The one off annual subscription charge for 2017 is £27 with a concession of £23 available for pensioners. Registrations can be made from the 13 February onwards, to register all you need to do is contact the council on (01656) 643643 with your contact details and make a payment. Collections of garden waste commence on week beginning 3April and final collections will be made week ending 17 November.
Conditions of the service
To help the service run smoothly please take time to read the following conditions:
- The collections will take place on a fortnightly basis between the first week of April and mid - November. You will be allocated a collection day which may not be the same day as your landfill sack collection day.
- Sacks are to be placed outside at the kerbside between 7pm the evening before and 7am on the day of collection.
- The service is available to Bridgend County Borough Council residents only.
- The payment is a one off subscription for the period between April 2017 and November 2017 inclusive which must be made in advance of receiving the collection service. It is non-refundable
- The service cannot be transferred from one resident to another but if you move house the service will be transferred to the new address if it’s still within Bridgend County Borough. Please contact the council with your new address details.
- If the sacks are regularly contaminated further advice will be provided.
- The council accepts no liability for injury due to improper use of sacks.
- To purchase additional sacks (£5), replace a missing or damaged sack, or to report a missed collection, call 01656 643643