Bridgend County Borough Council,Civic Offices, Angel Street, Bridgend, CF31 4WB

Tel: 01656 643643
Text Relay:
18001 01656 643643
Fax: 01656 668126
Sign Video BSL Live

Opening times
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm

How to find us

Recycling collection FAQs

How should I store my recycling?

For a full list of items that can be stored in each of your recycling containers, please click here. If you don’t have any recycling containers or need replacements, please call us on 01656 643643 or email

Where should I place my bins for collection?

All bins and containers must be placed at the kerbside of the property, which is the point where your property meets the pavement or road. The collection point for homes with long private drives is the point where their drive meets the road.

Can I put my house number on my containers?

Yes, residents are able to add house numbers to their containers so that collection crews know where to return them once they’ve been emptied.

How do I use my kitchen food waste containers?

Scraps of food can be put directly into the kitchen caddy and when the compostable bag is full it can be removed and placed into the kitchen waste bin which can be kept outside. Please put the kitchen waste bin out for collection each week.

Where does my recycling waste go after it gets collected?

Your recycling waste gets taken to various recycling companies to be made into other materials. Click here to find out more.

What happens to my food waste after it gets collected?

Your food waste gets treated in an ‘anaerobic digester’, and is used to generate energy and produce fertiliser. Click here to find out more.

How can I make sure that my cardboard gets collected?

  • Please, tear, fold or flatten cardboard so that it fits within your orange sack. We ask you to do this because when we empty your bags we sort all of the material into separate compartments on the side of the recycling vehicle. Large pieces of cardboard will jam the compartment and cause delays to your collection service.
  • Please do not put glass inside your cardboard boxes.

Who should I contact if I have a further question?

If you have a further question, please call us on 01656 643643 or email

Last Updated: 08/06/2017
Level A conformance icon, W3C-WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS! Link to - public services all in one place National Assembly for Wales Browsealoud