Bridgend County Borough Council,Civic Offices, Angel Street, Bridgend, CF31 4WB

Tel: 01656 643643
Text Relay:
18001 01656 643643
Fax: 01656 668126
Sign Video BSL Live

Opening times
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm

How to find us

Premises Licences

A ‘Premises Licence’ permits a premises to be used to supply alcohol, provide regulated entertainment and the provision of late night refreshment.

In order to apply for a premises licence applicants will be required to:-

  1. Submit an application form which includes the completion of an operating schedule i.e. a brief description of how the premises will operate and in line with the licensing objectives.
  2. Submit a plan of the premises.
  3. Submit the appropriate fee.
  4. Provide a form of consent from the proposed Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) (if the premises wishes to supply alcohol).
  5. Advertise the application (example of Public Notice).

Licences can be granted under the Council’s Scheme of Delegation if no representations are made. However, if representations are made, the licensing authority will hold a hearing and place the application for consideration by Members of the Council’s Licensing Sub-Committee if an agreement cannot be reached with the applicant and objector.

Under the Licensing Act 2003, there are exemptions from the requirement to have a premises licence, these are listed under the exemptions section of the website.

Minor Variations (Premises Licences and Club Premises Certificates

A new simplified process for minor variations to Premises Licences and Club Premises Certificates has been introduced. Licence holders should refer to the revised Statutory DCMS Guidance regarding the different types of minor variation applications that can be made. Application forms and guidance can be found on www.home

Removal of mandatory alcohol conditions requiring a Designated Premises Supervisor to be disapplied (Community Premises)

Community type premises can now apply to remove the mandatory alcohol condition in respect of the requirement to have a nominated Designated Premises Supervisor, this change also removes the requirement for alcohol sales to be authorised by a Personal Licence holder. Further information, application form and the revised guidance can be found on

For more detailed information/guidance on applications for a premises licence, please click on You are advised to read the Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy and information booklets before submitting an application.

Related Forms

Application Forms, Advice, Guidance for Applicants/Local Residents/Interested Parties is available on:-

Advice and Guidance

Last Updated: 09/07/2015
Level A conformance icon, W3C-WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS! Link to - public services all in one place National Assembly for Wales Browsealoud