Bridgend County Borough Council,Civic Offices, Angel Street, Bridgend, CF31 4WB

Tel: 01656 643643
Text Relay:
18001 01656 643643
Fax: 01656 668126
Sign Video BSL Live

Opening times
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm

How to find us

Skips, Scaffolding and Vehicular Access

Skips and Scaffolding

Permits and licences are issued by Bridgend County Borough Council under Sections 139, 169, 172 and 173 of the Highways Act 1980 for skips and scaffolding to be placed upon footways, verges and carriageways.

Skip and scaffolding permits will only be issued to bona fide contractors. Inspections are made by Bridgend County Borough Council Highway Inspectors to ensure that the skips and scaffolding comply with conditions attached to these permits.

Vehicular Access

It is necessary to apply for and be granted permission for a Vehicular Access before carrying out modifications to the highway (highway includes carriageway, footway and verge) in order to form or modify a vehicular access.

To carry out such work without first applying for and being granted permission is an offence under The Highways Act and may result in a prosecution.

Under Section 184 of the Highways Act 1980, a person may make a request to the Council as the Highway Authority for constructing or widening a vehicle access over a footway, or verge in the highway.

Consent is normally granted if the application complies in full with the Council’s standards, specifications and conditions.

For advice or assistance in completing the relevant skip, scaffolding or vehicular access applications, please contact Bridgend Council on 01656 642534


Last Updated: 12/06/2017
Level A conformance icon, W3C-WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS! Link to - public services all in one place National Assembly for Wales Browsealoud