Terms and conditions
Your use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions which take effect from the date that you first used the site. Bridgend County Borough Council reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting any changes on line. Your continued use of this site after any changes have been posted constitutes your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
- Use of this web site is for your own personal and non-commercial use. Materials may not be copied, reproduced, republished, down-loaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal and noncommercial home use. Any other use requires the prior written permission of Bridgend County Borough Council.
- You agree to use the site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, defamatory or abusive or which may harass or cause distress, inconvenience, nuisance or menace to any person and the transmission of obscene, threatening or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
- This web site contains links to other sites, which may not be operated by the Council. Bridgend County Borough Council is not responsible for the content of these sites and does not accept any liability that may arise in respect of the use of such sites.
- Bridgend County Borough Council endeavours to ensure that all information and material on this web site is correct and accurate but does not accept any liability for errors or omissions, neither does the Council warrant that the use of the site will be uninterrupted. Bridgend County Borough Council provides the material published on its web site on the basis that it disclaims all warranties in respect of such material, whether expressed or implied. The Council, its employees, its suppliers and the original providers of the material accepts no liability for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss of business, revenues or profits or special damage arising from the publication of the material on this web site or from the use of this web site.
- You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights including copyright and database rights in the Bridgend County Borough Council web site and its contents belong to or have been licensed to the Council who are otherwise used by the Council as permitted by applicable law.
- Bridgend County Borough Council has the right to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted or posted on this site. The Council is not responsible for neither does the Council accept any liability for any material posted on the site otherwise than by the Council. Any opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information expressed or made available by third parties on the Council's site are those of the third parties. concerned. Bridgend County Borough Council neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or the liability of any such third party material.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising from these terms and conditions shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If you find anything on this web site that gives you cause for concern then please email Bridgend County Borough Council (email address below).
If you are dissatisfied with any part of this web site or with any of these terms and conditions of use, please discontinue use of the site immediately.
If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then to the extent which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from -this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
The browser stores the message in a text file, and the message is sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Most web browsers are set up to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to change the settings of your web browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your computer, giving you the choice whether to accept it or not. However, you should be aware that if cookies are rejected you will not be able to use some of the online application processes provided by this site.
The information generated (including your IP address) is transmitted and stored by Google and their servicers. Google then uses this information for the purpose of evaluating our site, compiling reports on website activity. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if required to do so by law, or where third parties process this information on Google's behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
If you would like further information on Cookies please visit:
Further information on BCBC Cookies
The names, images and logos identifying Bridgend County Borough Council Website are proprietary marks of Bridgend Council. Copying of our logos and/or any other third party logos accessed via this website is not permitted without prior approval from the relevant copyright owner.
Requests for permission to use The Bridgend County Borough Website logo should be directed to email@example.com. Tell us how and why you wish to use our logo(s). Please include your contact details: name, address, telephone number, fax number and email.
Bridgend County Borough Council makes every effort to virus check the files available for downloading on this site. The Council cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage which may happen from the use of downloaded material. We recommend that users re-check all downloaded material with their own virus check software.
Bridgend County Borough Council does not capture or store any personal information about individuals who browse this website, except where you voluntarily choose to give us your personal details via email or an online form to enquire or apply for any of our services.
Where you choose to complete any of our online forms the personal information you give us is used, by Bridgend County Borough Council or a third party service provider who is contracted to us, to provide the service(s) you requested. Bridgend County Borough Council will endeavour to safeguard your information and any disclosures of that information will be in accordance with our registration under the Data Protection Act 1998. Third party service providers contracted to the Council will be required to conform to the same standards.
Bridgend County Borough Council collects and stores only the following information that is automatically recognised: the date and time, the originating IP, the type of browser and operating system used, the URL of the referring page, the object requested, and the completion status of the request. Visitors to our website remain anonymous as none of the data collected is linked to any personal information. The information only allows us to diagnose problems with our server, and assess the popularity of the pages on the website, so that we can continually improve our site.
Payment and security
Your safety in using our online payments system is important to us. We make every effort to ensure that you are safe.
It is our policy to protect your privacy by making your online transactions with Bridgend County Borough Council secure.
When you send us your payment details, they are encrypted, or changed to unreadable code, on their journey between your computer and ours. So any information you send us can not be read between these two points.
When your payment details arrive they are held securely at our end. Access to your information is carefully restricted.
We will only use your card details for the payment concerned. We will not disclose your card details to any third parties other than the bank which processes them for payment.
Once your credit card company or bank has approved the payment, they will process it within two working days.
Bridgend County Borough Council complies with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Social media policy
Bridgend County Borough Council has a corporate presence on social media sites Twitter and Flickr, to communicate with people who live in, work in and visit Bridgend County Borough. More information available via this link.