Important dates for the election
29 March 2017
Click here to see who the candidates are for the 2017 elections.
Key dates in the forthcoming county borough council and town and community council elections have been confirmed.
With voting set to take place on Thursday 4 May 2017, significant deadlines in the run-up to the election are as follows:
- 4 April 2017 (4pm): Deadline for submission of candidate nominations.
- 13 April 2017: Registration deadline:
- 18 April 2017: Deadline for new postal vote / postal proxy vote applications.
- 25 April 2017: Deadline for proxy vote applications.
- 4 May 2017: Polling day.
- 4 May 2017 (5pm): Deadline for emergency proxy, spoilt / lost ballot paper applications
The first significant date is for the submission of candidate nomination papers. People who wish to stand as a county borough councillor or a town and community councillor in the forthcoming election have until Tuesday 4 April 2017 to submit their completed applications.
Some wards will feature a single elected representative while others may have more than one seat available.
People who are interested in acting as a county borough councillor can find out more by visiting the ‘be a councillor’ pages at www.wlga.gov.uk/be-a-councillor-2017
Potential town and community council candidates can find more information at www.onevoicewales.org.uk