Telephone Contact Centre - TCC
The Telephone Centre was opened in April 2011. The centre puts in to practice the Council’s commitment “to deliver the best local services in Wales” by ensuring that staff are trained to deal with a wide range of services at the first point of contact. All staff undertake a NVQ in Customer Service to ensure that they provide a high quality service.
What to expect when you phone us
You will be answered by one of our advisors who will take some details about the reason for your call and will then help you with a variety of services, we may need to ask you some security questions if you need detailed information. If you are calling about something we can’t help you with we will let you know and either transfer you or let you know where you can get the help you need.
Services for all
We want our services to be accessible to the whole community, regardless of individual circumstances and access requirements. We welcome contact in Welsh and a variety of other languages and formats, advisors are able to use the Text Relay and our online on demand BSL translation service.
Over the phone you can
- Make payments for bulky waste collections and public protection services
- Receive help and support with Blue Badge applications
- Find out about your housing benefit claim and get help and support with new claims
- Receive help and support with Public Protection queries including pest control and noise complaints,
- Arrange for the collection of large waste items and for delivery of recycling boxes and bags
- Report fly tipping
- Get general information regarding the Council and the services it offers
- Connect you to other Council departments
To ensure that we are being efficient we continually monitor our performance.
Tell us what you think
We continuously review our performance and the services we offer and welcome feedback from customers to help design services and processes from the customers perspective. To let us know what we've done well and to help us continuously improve we ask customers to complete a short online survey following their visit.