Customer Service Centre - CSC
The Customer Service Centre was opened by Welsh Paralympian Simon Richardson on the 3 October 2008. The centre puts in to practice the Council’s commitment “to deliver the best local services in Wales” by ensuring that staff are trained to deal with a wide range of services at the first point of contact. In a fit for purpose, modern and pleasant environment. All staff hold an NVQ in Customer Service to ensure that they provide a high quality service.
What to expect when you visit us
You will be greeted at Reception where we will take some details about the reason for your visit and direct you to one of our multi-skilled customer service advisors who can help you with a variety of services. We may need to ask you some security questions if you need detailed information. We use an electronic queuing system to ensure that customers are seen efficiently and customers are called by name.
Services for all
We want our services to be accessible to the whole community, regardless of individual circumstances and access requirements. We welcome contact in Welsh and a variety of other
languages and formats. Advisors are able to use the ‘Big Word’ translation service, Text Relay and our online on demand BSL translation service . Private interview rooms are available if needed.
At the CSC you can
- Make payments for council tax and other council services
- Receive help and support with housing benefit, housing and homelessness and council tax queries
- View and submit planning applications
- Apply for a bus pass
- Apply for a Blue Badge
- Purchase car park tickets for Council car parks in Bridgend
- Purchase trade and garden waste collection sacks and RADAR Keys
- Receive help and support with environmental health issues, such as noisy neighbours, pest control and lost or stray dogs.
- Use our self-service kiosk to access our Website
- Use our Planning Computer to view information on planning matters and planning applications
- View topical news and information on our digital signage
- Pick up leaflets for help and advice on a range of issues
To ensure that we are being efficient we continually monitor our performance.
Tell us what you think
We continuously review our performance and the services we offer and welcome feedback from customers to help design services and processes from the customers perspective. To let us know what we've done well and to help us continuously improve we ask customers to complete a short online survey following their visit.